martes, 9 de julio de 2013

Night market and fiesta

The other evening when I was out and about, I was asked about the night market. Now I knew that this was discussed at a government meeting and it was supposed to be situated near to the tourist information office. I was flabbergasted when I was told that it was sited opposite the area of the George pub and the Hog's Head. I was aware that the plan was it would commence for the holiday season. But due to an oversight or maybe it was just an example of what is to come. I was neither consulted nor informed of this change. I was extremely angry and I contacted the mayor the following day. He assured me that this was an oversight?
Now there is a Press Officer for the Town Hall. He works from the offices in the village. He is Spanish . He only puts out info to the Spanish Press. Unless specifically told to do otherwise. 
I am pretty sure that when the trolls get a hold of this information they will want to make derogatory comments about our working partnership . Despite the occasional differences, we work together reasonably well. 
Meanwhile our office is putting together the final arrangements for the Fiesta at the beginning of August. We have several companies bidding to stage the event and we will sit down shortly to decide who will win the contract. It is all about getting value for money and we are pleased to see that some of the acts that we are being offered, could make this a truly memorable event. I would love to be able to even hint as to whom we hope to have, but there are some people out there who watch every move we make. Hoping that we make a mistake and then trying to capitalise on it for their own political gain. 
We put out regular news letters to those who give us their email addresses. When we know that an event is going to take place, we send it to the Press. It is not always used by the Press, but that is their decision.
Finally I would like to say that as soon as we have confirmation of all the acts and contract for the fiesta is is completed we will put the information out there. In the meantime I would like to wish all our summer visitors and our permanent residents a wonderful summer of fun. Please stay safe. Keep your property, yourselves and your valuables protected. This is a time when unscrupulous individuals  will try to take advantage of any signs of vulnerability.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario